Http://www.CrucialLimit.com

The logo was kind of a long and confusing process, but here goes. I first did all the logo concepts in Photoshop. Once I had the flat look that I liked I opened up flash and recreated the logo in Flash. Making the flat logo white and the background black. Once that was doone I exported the image out as an eps and imported that eps into Swift 3D. I played around with it in swift untill I got the perspective I wanted and generat coloring and saved it out as a flash movie. Then I opened the flash movie up in Flash and exported the logo out again as an eps. I then opened that eps in Photoshop and re-airbrushed the colors (Swift sometimes will render out polygons in the shading as well). I applied the lighting, drop shadow, and all around touch-ups in Photoshop.

Confusing I know but I was happy with the outcome.:slight_smile:

Thanks,
-Dave

You should be happy. Looks really great.

And thanks for the explanation, I had no idea you could do that :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers.

pom :asian:

There is no need for me to say this again, but this really is a awesomel designed site. I know you have been doing web design for 4 years now, but I was wondering how long haven known flash? and where do you learn the stuff? Can you recommend me some good flash books that you might been using? Again! This is a GREAT SITE!!!

orange.

I’ve been doing Flash work for about two years now but just tinkered around here and there for the first year or so. I launched my firat all Flash site last August ( House of Chubby Tattoo ). That was the first time I took Flash all that seriously. As for books, anything from [URL=http://www.friendsofed.com]Friends of ED. They make the best books, real information and not too dry. Just keep at it and don’t be afraid to experiment with different things, that’s the best way to learn.

Hope this helps,
-Dave

Good advice crucial…very good advice.

Also…don’t be intimidated by other people and everyone has their own style.

Hi CL,

can’t say a great work but surely a very very neat stuff uve done. Basically i like neat stuffs not those big bulky great jobs :wink:

humm what i would like to add here is that u cud & shud add a very tiny preloader with kb loading & loaded in all ur sub-swfs.

Beacuse this can give dialup visiter a reason to stick. When i tried ur site on dialup it was a hell of a bad experience. Your 1st movie got loaded perfectly but its been real 5 mins now after that I have opened the kirupaforum page found your subm. read them but still contact & artifacts havent loaded. its just that big GREY empty box.

cud have easily added a 1st scene as a very tiny preloader.