Let's have another Live Hangouts Session!

Obligatory screenshot:

It was great to chat with you all again, and welcome @travis for joining us for the first time :slight_smile:

I’ve received a few pings from people around whether these will ever be recorded and shared afterwards. I like that these events are truly friendly & casual chats among those of us who join. Recording these will add an artificial layer of formality to it, so I lean against it. If there is interest in a topical discussion of some topic that fits a “theme of the week”, then those can totally be recorded and shared ala pod/videocast style as a separate video event. Thoughts?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Lots of fun!

I can’t see a lot of value in recording it, it would just be watching people casually chat for an hour or so. I’d be down to watch more topical/content discussions. Maybe do like a live coding or design jam at some point.

1 Like

I forgot all about kriupaVille!
That’s an incredible property you’ve got there @senocular!

It’s time we did this again! Who all is in @tbo , @steve.mills , @pasquale , @travis , @krilnon , @senocular, @TheCanadian ? :slight_smile:

The years really fly by. I’m in!

sweet, I’ll try to get the time zone right this time… :smile:

Apologies for dropping the ball on this! I got sidetracked with work-related things and forgot.

How does April 5th at 5:30 PST sound like for everyone? @steve.mills, this seems to be around 11:30 AM in Australia.

Unfortunately I have an appointment at 11.
I can do any other day same time next week.

IDK what the deal is with the PST,
I’ve put it into 2 different convertors and got 2 different results 1030 and 1130 :grin:

I think maybe the convertor defaults it to PDT…

What time is 1730 in PDT?

Ok - April 6th then? :slight_smile:

I wonder if daylight savings time plays a role here! I’ll send an invite via Google Meet, and that does a good job figuring out time zones and showing up in Google Calendar.

@krilnon - does this work for you as well?

Sweet the 6th is good :slightly_smiling_face:

Invite sent! Steve, check to see if the time and everything got translated correctly in the calendar invite :slight_smile:

I duplicated an earlier invite, so @pasquale , @tbo , and others - you all should join if available! :partying_face:

1 Like

Ah, calendar invites, where Yes means maybe, Maybe means no, and No means why on earth did you add me?!. Or it seems that way sometimes.

1 Like

See you all in about 8-ish hours :grinning:

The countdown begins. Just a little over an hour left :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was a blast! :rocket:

1 Like

That was pretty interesting about the Haskell logo being done by old forum member Jeff Wheeler.

You should send Jeff an invite to the next Hangouts session… :grin:

1 Like

Yes! I had no idea about that. That was quite the bit of trivia there by @krilnon.

For the 3rd party request graph generator, I found it. It is here:

https://requestmap.webperf.tools/

I only knew about it since it came up as a forum topic back in the day.

Hey, long time no see guys! Good to hear from you again. I got pinged when you tagged my name.

2 Likes

Haha! How have you been? I had no idea you were one of the co-creators of the Haskell logo :grinning: