Let's have another Live Hangouts Session!

Sounds good

1 Like

This is soo happening in less than 24 hours :grinning:

I will post the Google Meet link tomorrow.

2 Likes

Here are the meeting details:

KIRUPA Virtual Meetup
Tuesday, July 27 · 6:00 – 7:00pm (PST)
Google Meet joining info
Video call link:

@pasquale, @steve.mills, @senocular if anyone wants to hop back on I can post a meeting…

Google booted us out for having too much fun!!! I actually gotta dip and eat some dinner, but I’d love to kick it online again soon…

1 Like

Also, I spun up a lil live chatroom for friends making weird stuff online… DM me if you want in, I hang out on there to text chat every day.

yeah if your up for it :slightly_smiling_face:

For sure I got about 15-20: https://meet.google.com/qna-jhac-bzx

1 Like

Some follow up:

Kirupa pixel people, as well as a few other gems, can still be found on the kirupa.com lab page. You may have also seen them in the kirupa.com about page in the “kirupa eville” image which, if I remember correctly, I may have done as a rebellion against kirupaVille - also accessible in the lab.

While I made a pixel person and had my own kirupaVille plot, I never did get around to making my own stamp which was unfortunate.

Also, as promised, some pics of the paintball field.

4v4 isnt too bad, but its a little small for much more than that. We have plans to expand it but osb prices are through the roof so we need to figure out some other options for (non-trashy) bunkers, probably more pallets (as seen in top image) which you can often get for free.

If we do ever manage to get a lot of people, or just want to play with more people, we have a couple of commercial fields within about an hours drive that we can play at as well :money_mouth_face: .

Obligatory screenshot:

It was great to chat with you all again, and welcome @travis for joining us for the first time :slight_smile:

I’ve received a few pings from people around whether these will ever be recorded and shared afterwards. I like that these events are truly friendly & casual chats among those of us who join. Recording these will add an artificial layer of formality to it, so I lean against it. If there is interest in a topical discussion of some topic that fits a “theme of the week”, then those can totally be recorded and shared ala pod/videocast style as a separate video event. Thoughts?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Lots of fun!

I can’t see a lot of value in recording it, it would just be watching people casually chat for an hour or so. I’d be down to watch more topical/content discussions. Maybe do like a live coding or design jam at some point.

1 Like

I forgot all about kriupaVille!
That’s an incredible property you’ve got there @senocular!

It’s time we did this again! Who all is in @tbo , @steve.mills , @pasquale , @travis , @krilnon , @senocular, @TheCanadian ? :slight_smile:

The years really fly by. I’m in!

sweet, I’ll try to get the time zone right this time… :smile:

Apologies for dropping the ball on this! I got sidetracked with work-related things and forgot.

How does April 5th at 5:30 PST sound like for everyone? @steve.mills, this seems to be around 11:30 AM in Australia.

Unfortunately I have an appointment at 11.
I can do any other day same time next week.

IDK what the deal is with the PST,
I’ve put it into 2 different convertors and got 2 different results 1030 and 1130 :grin:

I think maybe the convertor defaults it to PDT…

What time is 1730 in PDT?

Ok - April 6th then? :slight_smile:

I wonder if daylight savings time plays a role here! I’ll send an invite via Google Meet, and that does a good job figuring out time zones and showing up in Google Calendar.

@krilnon - does this work for you as well?

Sweet the 6th is good :slightly_smiling_face:

Invite sent! Steve, check to see if the time and everything got translated correctly in the calendar invite :slight_smile:

I duplicated an earlier invite, so @pasquale , @tbo , and others - you all should join if available! :partying_face:

1 Like