Logo Critique?

Nice logo, initially it reminded me of the Columbus Coluseum Columbus Ohio logo by Chermeyeff and Geismar. The shapes reflect the “CCCO”, the first letters in the name…The second rendition reminds me of a biohazard sign, which is based on an old Japanese family symbol. It’s very interesting…

Text Variations. Better or worse?

Honestly, I’d go with something similar to MrMass’ post. Keep the original, and highlight a middle ring with a color. Then put in some neat typog. The current one leaves me a little confused…

I’m going to use my own ideas.

I got ya. Then forget MrMass. I’d definitly change it up a bit though. The current state is a little messy looking. Your original logo kicks ***.

Everyone was complaining about the original one not being so “original” though.

It’s up to you man. :slight_smile: I just liked the original.

well, do wat u wanna…but ur first one was THE best in my opinion, its modern, sleek and creative. These variations dont seem to have the same appeal as the original one. I think your site would benefit very much from the first one, rather than these last few attempts.

Yea I agree with 22. The first was better than what you had.

I guess I’ll stick with that then.

Any suggestions on how to smooth it nicely? (Or better methods of going from FH to Photoshop)

To make it smooth, keep making circles using the elliptical marquee tool in photoshop. After the first circle, contract your circle so its smaller, bring it down to delete and then you have the first earring type of shape. Repeat ;).

How do I guarantee that the circle is a 1:1 ratio?

You mean exact circle? You can hold shift as you drag a marquee tool.

Ooooh thanks, I always wondered how to do that.

Lol - you can do that for any time you make anything. Also hold shift when you want to make an object bigger/smaller at the same ratio of their width and height. Whatever you get the idea :P.

krilnon, when is your new site going to be up? i really want to see how you are going to incorporate the logo with the rest of your site! :mu: