Nintendo-like games for Xbox

Whoops! :smiley:

Buy GCII anywaysā€¦ i NEED someone to play it with me

Well then, sorry to say hifi, but I donā€™t think xbox is meant for you. Xbox is more of that kind of console where online deathmatchs and amazing rpgā€™s are meant to be played.

Grinch, YOU! X-box-Slave! Buy GCII in order for playing!!!

Heh, I already know the Xbox is not meant for me. But that doesnā€™t change the fact that my brother got me one, and I canā€™t return it because he and my sister love it. So Iā€™m just looking to make the most of it. There must be at least a few games out there available, thatā€™s all Iā€™m looking for.

Well hifi,
a really good game for xbox, I mean really good for a family, is Fusion Frenzy. Itā€™s like a party game, just like Mario Party 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11ā€¦ or 68. Check it out, if you ever bought halo, go to game demos and click fusion frenzy.

Yup, done that, and it is my new Mario Party. :stuck_out_tongue: But itā€™s really only good as a party game. Itā€™s Mario Party with only Minigames as far as I can tell, and so itā€™s only good for multiplayer. But Iā€™m really looking for single player games

Oh then try doing Splitner Cell or Metal Gear Solid. You see I donā€™t know what kind of gamer you are, but Splinter Cell is extremely fun. You have to be very stealthy while taking out missions and whatnot. Only rated T so, itā€™s not too bad :wink:
Also you can try Rally Sport Challenge 2 or NFSU : Need for Speed Underground.
Hrmm, or you could try DDR! Iā€™m a heavy DDR player, and man that game is fun. But hey, if those donā€™t fit your needs, Iā€™ll give some more.

Sounds cool Grinch, thanks a lot. Iā€™ll be sure to check out some of those. I completely forgot about Splinter Cell. :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ve only heard good things about that game and have been meaning to check it out. Would you say it has a lot of replay value or is it something I should just rent for a week or so?

I thought my first post was a pretty good explanation of what kind of gamer I am, but then again, maybe notā€¦ I tend to prefer linear games, where you have a good idea of where you have to go next, and there are only a couple of ways to get there. Hmmā€¦ what else can I say? A list of all the games I can think of that Iā€™ve ever really really liked:

• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (The only other one Iā€™ve played is PoP2 and I only played one level, so I canā€™t say much)
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Metroid (I havenā€™t played Prime but I loved all the others)
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Pokemon Red and Blue (as much as I hate to say it, they were fun)
  • Donkey Kong 64

ā€¦ and thatā€™s all I can think of at the moment. (There arenā€™t many, I guess Iā€™m picky. :P) Maybe thatā€™ll tell you something more about what kinds of games I like.

[size=1][EDIT] When I say PoP2, I mean what you can unlock from the Sands of Time. :P[/size]

Rally Sport Challange 2, Knights (KOTOR), and MechAssult got my vote. Or just save $100 and buy a GCā€¦

Hifi, Grinch is TOTALLY right with Splinter Cell, but if you get that, i suggest the PC version. That game roxxors.

And yes, it is linear.

You still need to buy ground control 2 www.groundcontrol2.com

Of course, of course. :stuck_out_tongue: I went to the website, it looks awesome, and Iā€™ll download the demo as soon as I get back home this weekend where I donā€™t have a download limit. mutters obsenities about the residence download limit

[size=1][EDIT] Still wondering if I should buy Splinter Cell or rent itā€¦ If itā€™s one of those games that you can really only play once, why shell out $50CDN+ when I can play it for $4?[/size]

Good Replay, I played through the game 2 times on normal and 1 time on hard.

The only reason i stopped playing is because Ubisoft went ape **** and released a patch that messed up my MP.

Oh ya, the first ground control can be gotter FREE and FULL here! YAY! http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/groundcontrol/

The funny part is that both of the games he really liked werenā€™t Xbox exclusive.

Aaaand :P? They donā€™t have to be ;P.

Sharif, i didnā€™t know you smoked pot! Whats up with the name change!

Eilsoe gave it to me. I like it.

I donā€™t smoke pot. Thatā€™s not funnyā€¦:sure:.

hificopymaster, you are a girl after my own heart :slight_smile: A nintendo Loyalist :link:

One game that I would reccomend to you that is VERY much in the tradition of Nintendo with a great story and immersive gameplay is ā€œBeyond Good and Evilā€. This is a fantastic game that should not be missed. Itā€™s only short coming is that it is, too short :frowning:

Contrary to what Grinch has said, this is NOT the console to be looking for great RPGā€™s, as of yet anyway. There are some great ones on the way but nothing to write home and tell mom about now.

Xbox is not great for platformers, RPGā€™s and games like Animal Crossing or Harvest Hoon, itā€™s the home of Action, Shooters, Sports and More Action and more Shooters. Itā€™s great for what it is, and I love my Xbox, but the Cube is always going to be Number one when it comes to actual story and gameplay.

Everything SureShot said is true.

I rented the new harvest moon, not as good as the others i think.

Thanks Sushisource :slight_smile:

By the way, I love your avitar :thumb:

w00t!