Nintendo-like games for Xbox

Hey SS, I own (as in I purchased, not “I pwn this game I am so good”) the GCN Harvest Moon game. It is pretty fun. It was only $40 new, not bad for a new game.

I agree, it’s a great game. My girl loves it, as do a few of my other friends. I don’t have enough time to really get into a game like that but I sure do love watching people play it :slight_smile:

I probably should’ve read the other posts but… how do you not like Halo? But then again, I don’t like Zelda and you could ask me the same question.

Ohh wait, I have an answer: I hate RPG’s! Too much story and not enough game! (this applies to every RPG, IMO) If I wanted a story I’d go read a book.

Again, just my opinion and I figured I’d put my two cents in. Thankyou for your time.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/445/445316p1.html

^^^ Harvest Moon. For Girls.

Basically its the same game only you are a girl and marry a guy. The only reason I can see to spend another $40 or so on this would be some special occaison for her or something. It’d be ‘cute’ anyway…

Ooh, thanks guys!

Sureshot-

You do live very close to me. I live in Waterloo right now, but my home is in Toronto. Still pretty close. :stuck_out_tongue:
You know what’s really weird though… the reason I haven’t checked this thread all weekend - I rented Beyond Good and Evil. I must have sensed you thinking it Thursday night when I went to Blockbuster. :wink: I’m about 3/4 through right now, and I’m loving it.

That is crazy - I guess great minds think a like :slight_smile:

I love that game, I have yet to finish it though, I have too many games on the go right now. I am trying to Finish Riddick, while playing through my career in Fight Night, while playing through my seasons in NHL 2K4 and Inside Drive 2004, while trying to get through a tough spot in Splinter Cell.

Too many games for a guy that plays like a hour a day! I need less work and more spare time!

I’m really pissed. Because i went to rent Riddick for GC at blockbuster but that STUPID place never has maore than 5 GC games at a time… Ughhh i HATE them.

Really Sushi? The Blockbuster right by my house has a ton more GC games than XBox ones… They have about as many XBox games as they do for N64, while they have 2 aisles of GC. That’s really weird.

I wonder why :sure: j/k (I like GC ;))

Well, start looking forward to Sudeki and Fable, as they are going to be the RPG’s to beat… FFXII looks nice for PS2, but I didn’t like the linear nature of FFX. Fable = pwn! You might enjoy Arx Fatalis for XBOX, which is a dungeon crawler / RPG. Pretty good if you like that sort of thing.

Good to see more girl gamers! I wish there were some down here in AZ. I guess it’s not as obvoius as “guy gamers”. I’m a closet nerd myself (as in no one knows I am a computer designer/game junkie), probobly because I’m mostly associated with musicians and people of that clique (I’m a music business major). It’s best left like that though. I already get too many tech-help calls from my parents! :wink:

First off Sushi - I’m sorry to tell you, but they don’t make Riddick for the GC :frowning: It’s an Xbox only game right now with talk of porting it over to the PS2 (I really don’t want to see the end result, it won’t be pretty)

As for Girl Games, I am very lucky. My Fiancee is a huge gamer, she actually playes more than me :slight_smile: Mostly GBASP, but with a healthy doese of GC. She’s a big Zelda freak like myself, and we didn’t even know it when we met eachother :love:

I cannot wait for Fable, it’s going to rock! Same with Kameo, I am looking forward to another quality Rare title. The one game I want more than anything on the Xbox thoug his Jade Empire. That game is going to own me for a long long time. It’s my 3rd most wanted game beind the new Zelda and RE4.

lol… i was starting to think that…