On-going Poll: Which System

what platform would you MOST likely to prefer?

I knew a thread like this was gonna pop up =)
I chose Xbox, but I actually should’ve chosen PC because I play alot more on the PC, and I have the ability to play online here (easily). I’m not getting Live just yet :wink:

Personally I’m all for the PlayStation. One and Two. Alright, so the XBox is a better spec, but the range of games and the longevity and backwards compatibility of PlayStation just makes it more worthwhile. All my favourite games are on PS. If I look at my games collection, there’s 5 XBox games and about 20 PS2. 40 odd if I count my PS1 stuff.

Plus most Final Fantasy games are on PlayStation, so it’s no real contest. :wink:

PS2 as most ppl have them and therefore have a level playing field?

P.S. anyone ever played an 8 man multi tap’d game?

would highly recomend it

pc for me coz i can work and play at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

[SIZE=3]PC![/SIZE]
I would choose my PC, as i can install loads of games, play them online and use the pc for other stuff when not playing games.

I love those new mini-pc things, they look so cool, might get one when the price of them comes down and when i can afford a flat screen. :love:

Sk8ing

clearly the PC is teh mutha****ing daddeh of gaming systems. 'Nuff said.

:thumb:

Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**clearly the PC is teh mutha
***ing daddeh of gaming systems. 'Nuff said.

:thumb: **

yep it’s nr1 because i have ownage pc. gamecube ruled to.

Originally posted by asphaltcowboy *
**clearly the PC is teh mutha
***ing daddeh of gaming systems. 'Nuff said.

:thumb: **
So how come The Sims crashes everything? :slight_smile: No matter how good a machine I run that program on, it always crashes. I’ve upped the processor, the graphics card, the sound card, the lot. But every single time… boom

My PS2 never does this… :wink:

i selected PC , but really pc is not a gaming machine. Some Pc’s are built to be able to play games well, but a ps2 or xbox are more Gaming systems since there sole purpose is to play games.

Don’t get me started on the Sims. I’ve always wondered why people love that game so much, while I…just…raaah! :bad:

I chose PC but it depends what you want to do on the console they each have their high points

I not know :h:
I like the game cude and i have it but i would love to have a XBox too because of XBox live and i have a PC with some game and they are geat and have ADSL so on-line gameing on my PC is graet too.

so just can’t pick :scream:

*Originally posted by Kitiara *
**So how come The Sims crashes everything? :slight_smile: No matter how good a machine I run that program on, it always crashes. I’ve upped the processor, the graphics card, the sound card, the lot. But every single time… boom

My PS2 never does this… :wink: **
I’m sure you haven’t played Enter the Matrix yet (or have you?), but that game crashes every system/console it’s on. I was watching my cousin play it on his PS2 and all of a sudden, the game just froze. I’ve heard enough stories about the game and Xbox, but the PS2?

Don’t even get me started on the PC version…:hangover:

*Originally posted by Kitiara *
**So how come The Sims crashes everything? :slight_smile: No matter how good a machine I run that program on, it always crashes. I’ve upped the processor, the graphics card, the sound card, the lot. But every single time… boom

My PS2 never does this… :wink: **
could it be because The Sims isnt that good a game? Could it be that EA spend more time thinking about what expansion packs they can release next to milk the license rather than how to make a stable game?

What kinda of settings are you trying to run it with? And also, is it a legal copy? :sure:

Oh, and for the record, PS2 sucks azz :stuck_out_tongue:

yeh i agree with cowboy, if it isnt a legal copy then it would do those auto close during gameplay. If its real then your comp’s having complications with hardware settings.

And of course it runs on ur ps2 probably. Why wouldnt it? console to tv :stuck_out_tongue: ps2 doesnt have crap like modems, progs and system files so it wouldnt have problems running.

A lot of people when i passed by go for ps2. Xbox is better at specs with 733mhz cpu, 250mhz nvidia video, 6:1 compressed textures, 64 ram DDR, 6.4gb memory, 256 audio channels and with hardware audio. Even the gamecube also with 485mhz cpu lolz But i use a pc anyway (128 ati raedon 9800 vs 733mhz celeron?? ahahaah :stuck_out_tongue:

though, ps2 has a better range of games overall though im still stciking with pc, halos on pc now anyway…

i voted ps2, i really dont know about the x-box, i am buyin one(not anytime soon), but theres somethings i don’t like about it:

A. the controller is just unbelievable it 2 big! really unwanted:(, a firm in japan made smaller controllers!
B. the system(the box) itself is 2 big, i no i’m talking design, shape, and size, but arent’ they improtant when it comes to gaming consoles!
C. not as many games as the ps2, very simple.
D. the fees for the ‘live’ connection for xbox, r unreasonable, u don’t have 2 pay any fees for the ps2!!!

alright thats wat i think:)

*Originally posted by sgroove *
yeh i agree with cowboy, if it isnt a legal copy then it would do those auto close during gameplay. If its real then your comp’s having complications with hardware settings.
Nope, they’re all perfectly legal, paid for games.

I’ve noticed though that if it’s going to crash, then it will always do it at the same place - just after I finish building a house. Humbug. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will agree that EA are just milking it now. I own the main Sims game and two expansion packs, but most of them are just extraneous nonsense so I never bothered with them. The new one - myth and magic? What is the point of that? :h: And at £20 a throw, plus £40 for the original game, it’s no surprise EA are rolling in it… :sure:

So what settings are you trying to play it with? The fact that it crashes in the same place would suggest that it’s your software. Have you tried backing up your save games and reinstalling?

*Originally posted by mansour *
**i voted ps2, i really dont know about the x-box, i am buyin one(not anytime soon), but theres somethings i don’t like about it:

A. the controller is just unbelievable it 2 big! really unwanted:(, a firm in japan made smaller controllers!
B. the system(the box) itself is 2 big, i no i’m talking design, shape, and size, but arent’ they improtant when it comes to gaming consoles!
C. not as many games as the ps2, very simple.
D. the fees for the ‘live’ connection for xbox, r unreasonable, u don’t have 2 pay any fees for the ps2!!!

alright thats wat i think:) **

• That’s because XBOX is a system for men. If you can’t handle a big controller, how can you handle a woman and her 2 friends?