PS2 vs Xbox. I know you will make the right choice

I personally feel that anybody who buys a console is wasting their money. They are unupgradable so you have to spend $400 every 2 years to buy a new one and during that time you can’t upgrade it any. Plus I can’t live without my mouse. The joystick / analog pad just can’t compare to the smoothness of my hand, plus you can’t insult people while you’re whooping them in a game (to my knowledge). Plus I’m pretty sure xbox’es and ps2’s only have 56k connection to play on the net, thats not even fun. PC ALL THE WAY!!!. (plus you can’t flash on a ps2 or xbox :))

Yes, this is True. Unfortunately you can’t get all the good games for PC. The true power of PC graphics and performance is not completely taken advantage of. These companies see consoles as where the money is (and its true) so they go there, and make games for PC as an afterthought… I have had too much bad luck with computer games in the past. Nothing beats my Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, N64, and PS2. Not even my PC (which is horribly slow now, and I need to upgrade)…

There are no good FPS’s on consoles (halo is good FOR a console FPS but not for FPS in general) and I can’t think of a single RTS game on a console. Many companies make games primarily for PC’s, like Blizzard and Sierra. Plus games are not fun unless played online vs other humans. I could program a script that could beat a computer every time because it is not AI and will not learn from its mistakes. Humans on the other hand are different EVERY time you play which adds to the fun. And 56k’s aren’t fun, so until they at least get broadband, xbox live and the ps2 counterpart aren’t really considered online multiplayer games (at least in my eyes).

True. I agree. There are a few companies that make games primarily for PCs. However, there are only a few of them. I love Blizzard. Starcraft and WarcraftIII are the greatest games ever made for PC. I’m not really worried about low FPS as long as it doesn’t affect gameplay, and it hardly ever does.

I also agree about playing Humans. Even thought Battle.net sucked hardcore, playing other Humans at Starcraft was the greatest thing ever! I love that game…got to install it when I get back to school. Nothing beats Human competition…

I still prefer my PS2 to my PC when it comes to games. PC is for writing papers and making websites. PS2 is a break for my eyes.

FPS = first person shooter (i.e. Unreal Tournament, Half-life).

Radeon 9700 will have better graphics than any console. Even if it costs a little more than a console (or 4), its still got better graphics. There are also some cheaper video cards that are still better than the console ones. Although I guess if you had a big screen T.V. then consoles would be fun. But I just can’t play a game unless its against other people, its just not fun for me.

lol… I’ve been working with Flash too long. Thanks. FPS for me translates into Frames Per Second… I’m slow, its late, and I’m tired :stuck_out_tongue:

However, FPS don’t really do it for me. I don’t like those types of games, so it still doesn’t really worry me. The last FPS game I played and enjoyed was GoldenEye for N64. I like action adventure games, RPGs, and thirdperson action (Metal Gear, Silent hill, Resident Evil…etc etc…)

I agree that PC is the best bet, but buying my Xbox was the first thing I bought in 6 years :beam: Actually my parents would rather let me get Xbox than upgrade a graphics card for 100 dollars for some reason. They think that I spend too much time on the computer…little do they know that xbox is essentially a scheme to take over the world muahahah!
I had N64 before that and I only had 2 games. One came free with it in a package. See, my parents don’t like spending money, but SINCE I got first class rank AGAIN ( =) ) they let me hehe.

PS2 online feature will only be dsl conections I do belive. You have to be a classic gamer to really love the console. There is just something about a console that PC just can’t match. With the neew DSL online play Features plus the new Keyboard and mouse there will be more RTS’s geared towards consoles soon. My firends and I play warcraft together but it is so hard to crowd around his monioter to see whats going on. it will be awsome when we can sit in the living room and play.

[EDIT] Plus when i want to take a break from work to play a game it is nice to get away from the PC for an hour or two.

Well I was quite happy to go out and buy the new PS2. Not only did it have a better selection of games on it (in my mind, considering what I lke to play), but I could also play all my old PS1 games and saves on it as well. Plus the Final Fantasy series are PS / PC only.

I actually even kept my old PS1, mainly because I had it chipped to play American / Jap imports.

I looked at the XBox, but there wasn’t really any particular games that I wanted to play on it. Plus I couldn’t shake the belief that it would give me a blue screen of death after 10 minutes.

*Originally posted by Jubba *
**Yes, this is True. Unfortunately you can’t get all the good games for PC. The true power of PC graphics and performance is not completely taken advantage of. These companies see consoles as where the money is (and its true) so they go there, and make games for PC as an afterthought… I have had too much bad luck with computer games in the past. Nothing beats my Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, N64, and PS2. Not even my PC (which is horribly slow now, and I need to upgrade)… **

PC ALL THE WAY buddy! have you ever heard of clears throat and looks around for MIB emulators and roms?!

*Originally posted by ArjunK *
**They think that I spend too much time on the computer…little do they know that xbox is essentially a scheme to take over the world muahahah!

this taking over the world scheme is getting a bit cliche now…i mean now we know there are 3 people who want to take over!

I beat Halo by myself then went back and beat it with my brother, that is one of the coolest things about the game for sure! give XBOX a year and you will see. Dan i said G.C. was a total failure in terms of sales, not games.

mak
PC ALL THE WAY buddy! have you ever heard of clears throat and looks around for MIB emulators and roms?!

Yes Mak, I know what emulators and roms are and what they do, but as I said before, it fun to just get away from the computer for a while. I would rather have my PS2 than be playing FFX on my PC. Besides I have had bad experiences with playing games on PC. Inadequate graphics card, incompatible parts to play certain games. Its so much easier to just pop the DVD into the PS2 deck and let it load up. Regardless of anyone’s argument, I will not be turning my PS2 in for a PC, suXbox, or a GC any time soon, and if I ever do have extra money and I purchase a new system, I’ll probly upgrade my computer instead of buying a GC.

I gotta agree w/Jubba on this.

I have had major computer burn outs (a while ago, admitedly), while playing games on my computer.

I say buy a console, have it connected to a larger screen, and make it a group event by having friends in the room, cheering and laughing at you…

The bottom line, in my world anyway, is that the games are just for a diversion from life, so spend as little $ as possible to get the most amount of fun-time possible. I generally don’t want to spend my fun-time sitting where I do to make a living every day…

Then again, I have just borrowed a PS2, and I own an old Sega Dreamcast, myself (I’m too cheap to even afford the PS2), so my opinion may not make a lot of difference to you serious gamerz…

:stuck_out_tongue:
Rev:elderly:

If you already have a computer wouldn’t it be cheaper to just play games on it? Just wondering what games did you get burned out on? Were they like counter strike or a non-heard of game?

You can have people in the room while playing games, just have a Lan. If you have a ethernet card just get some wires and lan the computers together and you can all be in the same room playing against each other, but the screen won’t be cut in fourths.

Maybe if I worked on my computer for a job I would feel like you do and want to get away from it. I sure don’t want to stay at school after 3:30 to play games.

Nali:

this was a while ago…

before CS and them…

burned out a few parts of a few computers (monitor, vid card, sound card)…

but that was a while ago…

Wow, I’ve never seen a monitor get burned out. Did the screen explode or catch on fire or was it boring and it just stopped working?

Heck, if the U.S. had stopped the space race because a few parts on a rocket had burned out we might be speaking russian. If you fall off the computer, you must get back on and try again.

No it was more of a sizzle and a pop…

… then no monitor…

that happend twice to me when i had my first comp, in third grade lol. It was just like a ‘Ssssslp Pop!’ and the screen went black. Then HP sent a new monitor, after like a week same think, only this time it was like TV fuzz. Then they said no, so the store sent us one that was repaired, its still there :P.

• tips over NaliwarCowz*

HAHA i have always wanted to do that!! :stuck_out_tongue: