Saddam Hussein Caught?

“He who spares the wicked injurs the good.” - Seneca, Roman statesman

Can someone please explain this to me.

First Bush has been saying after the whole deal of the sign on the carrier that the war is not over. So America is still at war with saddam and his regime. We captured a member of Saddam’s regime (saddam himself). He was captured during war, and he is a prisoner, so he’s a prisoner of war is he not? Then our media showed video and pictures of him on t.v. How is that any different than al jazeera showing pictures of the PoW’s (lynch and those other people) the Iraq army captured. We seemed to get pissed at that and were yelling “Geneva convention” but don’t think twice when we’re showing pictures of their PoW’s on television.

Congrats to the US military for capturing Saddam. Hope Iraq can be a safer place for them now that he is gone. Hopefully we’ll be able to keep the whole process civilized and not have mobs trying to break into his trial to kill him or just shooting him and not giving him a fair trial. He may not deserve it, but if we give him a fair trial but he is still sentenced to death maybe we can show at least some iraqis that democracy works.

Mcgiver, why did germany not go to war? because they and france both knew that the weapons built by saddam were made with parts from their countries. yes the us gave saddam some weapons early on, but oh no, we gave him antique weapons back in the 1970s. Wow a few guns and stuff, not like we gave him freaking nerve gas and nuclear missles.

You are from Germany. You are not allowed to talk about bush being bad. Your people killed MILLIONS of Jews and tried to take over the world. I think the Germans need at least 1 century of STFU before they can talk about other countries or their leaders be bad.

Yep, we absolutley need a fair trial, give him a good lawyer to defend him, try to find a neutral jury. Keep him healty, and then when its all good and over hang him, or better yet put him in prison or solitary confinment for the rest of his life.

(I personnaly think life in prison is worse that death, he will have to live a boring, horrible life, then have the plesure to dance in hell)

most importantly if we kill him, we’ve got to somehow make sure no one can use him as a martyr or let people think he’s gone to heaven with 40 virgins. Get some popish type islamic figure to excommunicate him or something.

I suppose I will be next to throw some gas on this fire.

Blueline:
Is there any chance that France and Germany didn’t go to war because they didn’t beleive that Sadam had weapons of mass distruction? or perhaps they didn’t want to go because they didn’t agree with the method of how the US was going in?

Also I think as America fights to free the world and liberate it’s people, we are liberating people’s right to free speech. So why should he not be able to say Bush is part-retarded?

And it’s not the fault of every person in Germany for what Hitler did. That’s like saying because you are American than you are a racist slave owner.

You are from Germany. You are not allowed to talk about bush being bad

Wow, you must be the best example of arrogance and a lack of ability to understand I ever met. :d:

I could argue about that telling you that germans (this was befor my father was even born) made mistakes, and tell you that americans killed indians by selling them pox infected cloth, or tell you something about nuclear bombs
or that we made big mistakes in the past and admit them, and you are still doing them,…

but why should I tell that to someone with a flag in his room, standing up singing the antym every day, admiring his american butt in the mirror.

Sorry for all others, I have nothing against the usa, with a lot of nice people living there, I meet them every day in this forum, but you are definately NOT one of them BlueLine.

I am open for excuses, but I will not discuss this theme with such an ignorant, offensive person like you. End of the discussion from my side, feel free to add whatever you want, I will not read it.

Nothing more to add.

I think France and Germany and Russia didn’t go to war with the US because Iraq, at the time, was their principal supplier of oil. Why would they try to take down the nation that they got one of their most important natural resources from?

No matter what is said in this thread … I think we can all agree on one thing:

McGiver has the best footer!! I LOVE that game … so addicted

There was an embargo over iraq prohibiting any nation to buy anything from it. there were no major oil exports to any nation.

thx :love:

I want to see an Easter Edition of that game come the Spring… :slight_smile:

wow, this can’t be true what BlueLine just said…

This thread is so addctive :smiley:

sorry its been a long time since i’ve been here. I forgot that while any conservative propaganda is idiotic and you are a flag waving moron, that liberal propaganda is OBVIOUSLY right. geez i’m such a dumb ***, my bad.

@ BadMagick , you will be the first to know :slight_smile:

You are from Germany. You are not allowed to talk about bush being bad. Your people killed MILLIONS of Jews and tried to take over the world. I think the Germans need at least 1 century of STFU before they can talk about other countries or their leaders be bad.

lmao!

Is there any chance that France and Germany didn’t go to war because they didn’t beleive that Sadam had weapons of mass distruction? or perhaps they didn’t want to go because they didn’t agree with the method of how the US was going in?

No, actually the fact is they didn’t want to lose out on their lucrative multi-billion dollar contracts with the Hussein regime.

Thank you so much for sharing your outrages intelect with us, I don’t know what to say…

*Originally posted by BadMagick *
**I think France and Germany and Russia didn’t go to war with the US because Iraq, at the time, was their principal supplier of oil. Why would they try to take down the nation that they got one of their most important natural resources from? **

Well if I was in charge of France or Germany I would have looked at it this way.

Ok, so we get our oil from this country. We don’t support Bush and they destory the country and we lose our oil supply. We do support them and we get to rejoice in the goods of the country once it is overthrown.

My take is that your argument doesn’t well support what there oil coming from Iraq has to do with them not supporting the war. Does the US not get a lot of oil from Iraq?

p.s. Phil, you read the carcd wrong I weigh in at an even 187.

*Originally posted by mikeycorn *
**No, actually the fact is they didn’t want to lose out on their lucrative multi-billion dollar contracts with the Hussein regime. **

Well won’t they lose out on it now?

Aren’t they also losing out on the billions of dollars in money being spent to rebuild Iraq?

I can’t beleive that they didn’t weight these in their decisions.

well probably sarcasm (like mikeycorn did) is the best way to handle this theme in consideration of the ignorance.
@ BlueLine: you are definately a f*cking lot closer to a nazi than I will ever be.
You think you are better than someone else because you are born as something else — boing nazis thought the same
you want more? :smiley: