Sniper Caught

Have any of you guys heard about the attack on the global I-net traffic servers this monday?

9 out of 13 major servers that control most of the traffic on the net was attacked by a virus this monday…

Because they had several sub-servers, no real harm was done, It was restored quite fast…

Even still, there has never been a direct attack of this scale before on the net…

My teacher thinks it was a sort of terror act…

Just imagine… someone destroys the internet… wonder what would happen…? :-\

yeah, that internet attack - i have been amazed at how little coverage that has gotten. like, “oh, yeah, and by the way, the largest hack attack in history almost shut down the internet today. not sure who’s behind it. and now, back to the sniper case…”

Actually, I think TheScreenSavers (techTV) had a security expert talk about it a few days ago. The mainstream audience is not interested in anything that does not affect their personal well-being first :slight_smile: All news networks don’t cover all the news, they cover only the news that they want the people to know. I mean, who would be interested in listening to a half-our picture of some computer geek (wohoo!!) talking about a DoS attack that might have occurred. ME OF COURSE! But, that is why other channels like TechTV cover information related to that.

The interests of the nation were on the sniper attacks, and that is what the networks will display. I am sure plenty of things go on around us that we never really know about <x_files.wav>

Also, regarding the wars, unfortunately, the Winners get to write History. One will be hardpressed to really ever find objective data about a war without any personal bias interjected into it.

Cheers!
Kirupa

*Originally posted by kirupa *
**Also, regarding the wars, unfortunately, the Winners get to write History. One will be hardpressed to really ever find objective data about a war without any personal bias interjected into it.

how true. reminds me of a great line in the book, Shogun.
the westerner is explaining to the japanese ruler how Spain rules Portugal, but the portugese are fighting with spain for independance.
the japanese asks, (heavily paraphrased) “but if you take up arms against a sovereign nation which you are a part of, are you not guilty of treason?”
his reply: “only if you are not successful.”

i thought that was great. if the early americans had lost the revolution, the guys we now call patriots would have gone down in history as criminal terrorists.