SOTW needs a minimum post rule

You are talking more about a weekly review now.

Yeah. I understand the need to have more quality posts in the site check forum, but I dont see why we can’t do this? I mean, I’d be looking forward to whatever day the review is posted just to see if mine got picked, and it’d be incredibly useful.

If you want good reviews in site check, then it starts with the reviewer. If you want reviews on your site, list it in Site Check. If you don’t like the “looks good” responses, then let them know when you submit a site.

Plus, review sites. If you like the way EG critiques sites, critique them with the same vigor. Site Check gets ignored quite often.

As far as site of the week goes, I think Kirupa and the mods did a great job of the rules change, and it should stay the way it is right now.

JMO

Rev

The Rev has spoken!!! :slight_smile:

word

Lava: Ok, but we get more than one site posted in the Site Check every week, so what you are suggesting is that a weekly review be made of one site, and the others just get tossed aside and left for the “one-liners”. That doesn’t sound very fair to me.

I just don’t see what’s wrong with doing that… it doesnt hurt anything… and you guys keep saying that people should post quality reviews, which is not going to happen… and this is not about leaving all the others to the one liners… If we do this, one site a week at least will get a quality review… lost… you’re looking at the inequality from the wrong side. Is it wrong to do a good review of one site just because the other ones are going to be jealous?

Why don’t you go ahead and pave the way then? Pick one site from Site Check each week and post a lengthy essay about it. I don’t think anyone’s going to stop you…

One site gets a quality review.

What happens to the others then? How will they know what to improve? Where is their quality review?

Simple… if its in the site check section, all sites have an equal oppurtunity to get a quality review. Giving all sites an equal chance of getting constructive criticism on how to improve their site.

I couldn’t agree with ya more!

Syko: Who are you agreeing with, from the beginning of this thread there are multiple ideas to agree and disagree with :stuck_out_tongue:

with you man, and so am i (agreeing with you ;))

Raf:

If you are so passionate about this, then start a thread every week with Raf’s review. Then do a thorough critique of sites in the Site Check section, and help teach others how to critique.

Rev

Right! Less talk - more show! C:-)

well maybe the mods of site check could just do like EG does when he gives comments about websites, it would be great if they could atleast give some full coments mayeb at least 3 i dont know sometimes people are busy but if you really want to help other forum members i think at least a detailed opinion as to what you think is wrong on how r what he can do t improve it thats all like when i asked my first version of my site to be checked they said used more colors well i did and from a 2 color tone website i ended up with a 5 color website thanks to the forums suggestions

Grim

grim:

don’t go there. we do.

Rev

Why do the mods have to do it? Site Check is open for any forum member. I say if you have a complaint about the lack of critiques in Site Check, you should start by giving detailed critiques yourself.

*Originally posted by lostinbeta *
**One site gets a quality review.

What happens to the others then? How will they know what to improve? Where is their quality review?

Simple… if its in the site check section, all sites have an equal oppurtunity to get a quality review. Giving all sites an equal chance of getting constructive criticism on how to improve their site. **

an equal opportunity to get a crappy “cool site” review… basically.
Let me give you an example. There are 10 kids and you decide to distribute apples… One day you give out 1 really crappy apple. Another day you give 1 good apple, and 3 crappy ones… another day you give 6 medium-crappy apples. Some kids might come back to see if you’re not giving out crappy apples, but some might not. However, if you guarantee one good apple each time… there’s a better incentive there isn’t there?

Lets talk about opportunities here. Doing the weekly installment DOESN’T decrease the chances of someone’s site having a good review (whether it’s on the forum or on the article). If anything, it INCREASES the chances by providing a guaranteed opportunity for review every week. I understand that this is not stopping me from writing a good review in the forum if I wanted to, but there is a clear advantage to writing it as an article, which I have talked about already.

And Ren, I never said I wasn’t going to do it. However, there are people who are much better at critique than I am. I’m not VOLUNTEERING others to do it. I’m volunteering myself. However, it’d be nice if others joined me.

Ok, so you get at least 1 chance of a good review, and 9 kicks to the side. You don’t think these people will be offended and not want to come back, but instead feel that maybe they should submit week after week after week until their site is finally picked to get a review?

As Ren and Rev said, no one is going to stop if you if you choose to critique one site a week in the site check section, but while you are at it, why not just critique a few so more people have chances?

it would be nice if people would do that, but it would be better if people just took the time to go thru SITE CHECK and critique everything. There usually aren’t that many sites in there anyway. I, personally, can’t critique sites because I suck. I can’t even critique my own sites…