Submissions for 1/24/03-1/30/03 (reply to this thread to submit a site)

If you wish to be considered for the SOTW for January 24 through January 30, 2003, please read the summary of rules:

1. Reply by Thursday, January 23 to be considered for this week’s award.

2. Include the URL and your email address. Only the webmaster/creator of the site can submit.

3. Websites submitted must be at least 90% Flash. Sites that have HTML pages with a Flash intro are ineligible.

4. While it is understood that sites are perpetually under construction, please submit only complete sites. Do not submit a site that is less than 80% finished.

5. There will be a private poll among the moderators and a winner will be announced on Monday, February 3, 2003.

6. No critiques or feedback is allowed in the submission thread. If you wish a concentrated critique of your site, you may start a thread in Site Check.

For more information or questions, please refer to the comprehensive rules for SOTW. Once you have read and understand the rules above, you may submit your site to this thread. Sites not adhering to the rules above will be disqualified and deleted. Submitting your site is an agreement and acceptance of the rules.

Just wanted to say hello to everybody.

Sorry I am posting here, but I used to post here so I know people in this section the best.

Happy new year to all!

Hey Rennaisance Girl how are you? I see you are still posting here, as always :beam: .

I am hoping to share some new things with you guys soon.

I am starting a new company so I am swamped.

But http://www.alexkurth.com will still remain my creative outlet, don’t have a new site up yet, but have some samples posted of new things, as well as haev a new intro page of some new crazy sh_t I want to do.

Oh, and the first page is a photo of me :cowboy: !

Hope you are all well.

Talk to you all soon.

Also a shout out to Kirupa, ilyaslamasse, and all teh rest of the crew (you know who you are).

Alex

Hi,

My new site is up and i’m submitting it to sotw :slight_smile: www.bezzanet.idz.net

Email address: [email protected]

ok cya l8r :slight_smile:

due to some guyz opinion…here’s mine

www.notredem.com

cya

demz

GUYS, REMEMBER THE MAIL ADRESSES!!

url: http://geocities.com/wildsaints2002/new.html

email: [email protected]

http://www.adversefx.com

[email protected]

And the winner is?

Ciao’

http://www.annexionsg.com

[email protected]

Thanks guys.

www.coolmagician.com

*Originally posted by eilsoe *
**GUYS, REMEMBER THE MAIL ADRESSES!! **

let me tell you something about sheep… Just cause you type it in big bold letters it doesnt mean a sheep’s gunna read it…

heh

shear me… please… [email protected]

The results are in:

Bezzer 0%
demz 66.67%
PinoyFlasher 0%
annexion 16.67%
sheep 16.67%

The winner is DEMZ!

Congratulations demz. You may also post a graphical award from this page: http://www.kirupa.com/gallery/awards.asp

Good job to all the participants. One of the valuable aspects of SOTW is to get valuable feedback about your site and get an idea of how well it stands beside some of the best on the web. Check back later as mod critiques will be posted later today.

i dont know about anyone else, but im rather interested in why the judges voted in the way they did… i didnt know that an actionscript was the only element to an “award” winning design…

perhaps someone would clarify

i wasn’t a judge but www.notredem.com was beautiful. a full blown guestbook in flash, beautiful transitions, excellent navigation, original color scheme, customizable, everything about it was top notch. this was deffinately one of the best sites ive seen nominated for sotw imho.

Hmm, Ren is supposed to post critiques. I might do it later if I have time.

i can handle not winning just fine, id just like to know why, …also like to see the winner show up to take his prize - but i guess thats just the name of the game

<B>Bezzer:</B>

Could be improved upon. Nothing I haven’t seen before…

Not too shabby. A definite improvement over the last version. Also it is nothign astounding, pretty common look for flash sites. I experienced issues in changing from one section into the portfolio section. If you click on the Portfolio button it just loads the title as “Folio” and that is that.

not much happening here. Some experiments are really nice (I like the smoke very much), but there are no surprises, almost no animations, no transitions…

<B>Demz:</B>

Demz: Nice colors, transitions. Overall look is really appealing. Nice menu system too.

Sorry, no chance of ever getting my vote until it is functional. I am locked out of your site simply because I do not meet the 1024x768 minimum requirement standard. I don’t even get a chance to see any bit of content. Although the line is growing for larger monitors, the majority of web users do still use 800x600 and creating a site that locks those people out is not functional. Unless you release a version that works on both resolutions and/or create two seperate versions you don’t have a chance for my vote.

Pretty good interface. I don’t like the colors so much, but the hard work shows. Too bad there’s not much content.

<B>PinoyFlasher:</B>

Nice looking site. Graphics are nice. Nothing too special, but still good looking.

Another 2Advanced copy navigation menu. The draggable windows really made no sense to be draggable, and if you closed the window out and went to a new section the window you closed out popped up again and then then disappeared and the new content was shown. The site also lagged a lot on my system. Overall look is pretty good but the interface is a tad buggy.

I don’t know, there’s something I don’t like about the site. I’m not sure exactly what it is

<B>Annexion:</B>

Nice text effects. Other than that not too much going on in the site. Good site in terms of simplicity and conquering objectives.

Please, please, please add a skip intro button, it takes ages to enter your site. Your navigation menu is interesting, I like it, but there is nothing fascinating about your site. Everything but the menu system could easily be done in HTML.

Not bad, but 2 colors is not much, there’s an empty section, and the links don’t work in the “Learn” section. I like the menu idea, but apart from that, there’s nothing to scream about.

<B>Sheep:</B>

Nice site. I feel that they should up the FPS a little. Rather simple in terms of what can be done with the power of flash…

Hmm, kinda slow intro, but you have the option to skip that… which is good. Cool music, I really dug it. Nothing astounding, but out of the selection here I felt you have the most functional site with a nice look. Your navigation is clear, your sections don’t take long to load, and your transitions to them don’t take long at all. I likes.

The intro is fun, but the site is a bit dull.

There are the critiques.

much appreciated - and i agree completley with what you have said regarding most. for the record, this site was designed FOR a client unlike most submissions to this forum - which means that it is restricted to the clients personal interests… If he had of offered up the money and the permission to take it to the next level, we surely would have. thanks again, i really appreciate the feedback. :slight_smile:

No problem sheep. Musta slipped Rens mind to post the critiques. An easy thing to forget. Thanks for bringing it up though, one of the adjustments we made to SOTW was that we will post critiques on the entries, and it would be unfair to not do that one week.