Enigma 2, for your brain to exercize more

-)(&^%$#@!~!@#$%^&()(&^%$#@!@#$%^& stupid ezboard.

Ya, what Jubba said. Now Jubba. whats the frellin answer? Its tomorrow now today and I wanna know Jubba.

pj

i posted the answer you dolt!

See what he ‘saw’…This is so lame it’s pathetic. Thats not a brain teaser. It.s a brain malfunction. What the hell kind of brain teaser is that? Come one man. Brain teasers are supposed to have an answer. Thats no answer Jubby.

pj
disappointed

bah you wouldn’t know a good riddle if one bit you in the @ss

:lol:

Is your riddle like Jubba’s ? Or is it worth searching ?

pom 0]

No, mines a real riddle. You don’t have to ask any stupid questions like me, all you need to figure it out is right there.

pj
not Jubba

i answered your stupid riddle.

I hav a very low tension those days. What was your riddle again ? Can’t find it.
pom 0]

lol…for some strange reason Philbert posted his riddle in the Princess Bride thread.

OK, here’s a new one (hard one) :
Phil, Jubba and Pom are playing a little game with Upu as referee. Upu has to put one ball on the top of each one’s head, so that you can see other people’s ball but not yours. Upu has a choice between 3 white balls and 2 black balls. The goal for each is to find his own ball.

Now here’s the tricky part : The 3 fellows are thinking hard, watching the balls. Pom, seing 2 white balls, and seing that nobody’s saying anything, says : “I have a white ball”.

How did he (I, hehe) find that ?
Give it some real thought, because that’s a tough one.

pom 0]

uhmmmmmm…yeah. I don’t know…i’m thinking…but i have no frellin idea. But I’m still thinkin. Where’s Philbert anyway…haven’t seen him around…

Is this a black man is bigger than a white man joke by any chance, you French soclialist pigdog pyseudo-communist, you…
pj

Stop talking nonsense Phillie Boy, and think.
You have to think real hard. Hint : The guy (me) thinks : “I can see two white balls. Let’s imagine that I don’t have a white ball, what happens, what do the other people think ???”

In order to solve that, you have to consider that Pom’s a little more clever than the others, which is, after all, not so difficult to admit.

pom 0] , * modesty is my middle name *

har har har Phil. If Pom (modesty my a$s) had a black ball on his head, then the others would see one black ball and one white ball. Of the 3 balls remaining then there would be a 33% chance of a black ball, and a 66% chance of a white ball. If Pom has a white ball then the there is a 66% chance of a black ball, and a 33% chance of a white ball. So in conclusion: I have no frellin clue.

I dont have a clue but am trying to figure it out. Let me have this sunday, one more day to figure it out.

pj
good one pom

If the ball on Poms head would have been black there would have something said by one of the two because now they truly couldn’t tell the color of the balls on their own heads, an admission of being stumped. But since the ball was white, it drew confusion. But truly the only person in the position to know was Pom. the other two were at a disadvantage having their balls placed on their heads first. Did I get it right massa?

pj

Little help :
OK, so I see two white balls and I think : Hmm… OK, let’s say I have a black ball on my head. Phil, a clever man,thinks : hmm… I can see one black ball, and one white ball… What does Jubby think ? What does he see ? Do I have a black ball or a white ball on my head ? What happens in both cases ? What time is it ?

pom 0]

Ok, three guys;
Guy 1 (whos not so smart) sees the white ball appear over Pom (guy 2). But because hes not exceedingly clever like, pom, doesn’t get it right away. But Pom knows this; He doesn’t have a black ball on his head or else guy #1 would have seen two black balls, thus knowing himself to be in possession of a white ball. So, the first guy, #1, cannot figure it out. But guy #2 does. Why? Because guy #1 didn’t say anything at all, thus meaning he (guy #2) has a white ball. hows that?

pj

You know perfectly how this is : impossible to understand. I guess the idea’s here. Here’s the official answer.

pom thinks : let’ s imagine that I have a black ball on my head.
Then Jubba thinks : I see a white and a black ball. If I have a black ball on my head, then Phillie sees two black balls, and should say that he has a white ball on the head. But he doesn’t. So I, Jubba, have a white ball.

But he doesn’t say so. This means the first hypothesis was wrong, I have a white ball on my head.

How’s THAT !?!

pom 0]