Hot temper

**[SIZE=1]sarcasm[/SIZE] **
<hr>
off course not rev… after all americans are the best human type units!

Brazillians, or any ppl for that matters, couldn´t stand a chance.

<hr>

i hope you´re jocking rev, coz if you´re not you´re really sad…

Americans are NOT the best human type units… Americans just have more resources. Not in terms of athletic ability or anything like that… more like they could produce ideal training grounds and conditions if they desire to do so. So I think Rev has a good point.

not a good point renn… and i´ll tell you why:

Brazilllian teams usually don´t have good trainning facilities, but has the best soccer players of the WORLD.

We´re not the first country to play soccer, infact european countries like England and Frace plays soccer way before us, and you can pick any great national team. France, Engladn, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Portugal, USA… they have better leagues, more money, better training facilities, but Brazil is nº 1

Why :q:

Coz the cultural factor plays a huge role in that matter.

Soccer is the first sport of every brazillian. When a child borns, if it is a girl she gets a doll, if it is a boy he gets a soccer ball.

The Famous brazillian drible (sp?) is something that goes back to the beginnings of the brazzilian soccer, where black slaves, while playing with white ppl, had to develop a way to pass the adversary without touching them, coz if a black slave touches a white man he was beaten by the entire team.
So, they created the soccer drible, the brazillian ginga (swing), something that very few non-south-american players has showed.

if you watch Ronaldo play, you´ll know what i mean :wink:

[EDIT]
have you ever heard of Pelé? And Zico?

if you have seen the conditions where these two players where born, educated and trained you would be surprized…

Pelé is the best soccer player of all times

Zico is the greates idol of the greatest brazillian club - flamengo, with 40.000.000+ of fans… yes, 40 million baby!
Zico praticallly created the Japanese soccer, he is like a god there.

*Originally posted by Guig0 *
**Coz the cultural factor plays a huge role in that matter. **

So then Rev is right - if Americans did just focus on soccer, as Brazillians have, then we could compete at a higher level?

What I am saying Guigo, is that if the US did the same thing, We would have just the same type of abilities. Just by Population and standard of living alone… The money this country puts into sports is incredible… Just think if everyone put thier money into one sport…

That is my point.

Rev

check the editing on my previous post plz.

and…

Rev: Like i said, money has little to do with brazil being number 1 in soccer.

Renn: the american culture isn´t the same as brazillian culture… who knows what would have happened? but to say that US would have been better than brazil…

Guigo:

Are you seriously saying, that if America paid $7 million/yr to a player, that USA couldn’t put up a winning team? Think how much Barry Bonds makes this year. Then Michael Jordan, Shaq, Pudge Rodriguez, just to name a few. The payroll of the Yankees alone is something like $60 million/yr, just in payroll…

You don’t think that even the most famous guy in all of soccer (Pele) wouldn’t have switched teams when $10-15 million dollar contracts flappin’ in his face?

Rev

Rev:

you can´t buy a brazillian, or any foreigner, to play on your national team.

And i know that money isn´t problem for USA, but just so you know Ronaldo last transaction whent over 50 million , his monthly paycheck is about 6 million.

In order to USA become a good soccer team, it will have to develop your entire sport culture, what has begun already, but it will take years… that isn´t something that happens over night.

If you guys keep the soccer industrie running, in the next 20 years USA may become a Soccer force.

We are arguing the same point.

I was saying, that if we put all of our resources into soccer, then Brazil, or Europe for that matter would come out of the woodwork to come play in America. It already happens in every other sport (and they could make as much playing soccer in Brazil?).

Renaldo’s pkg. it was for 1 yr? how much in endorsements? how much was the rest of the team paid on average (in $US please)

Rev

The problem is we just dont like soccer here in the states.

I like soccer, but I have never followed it professionally. I used to play it to keep my stamina up for other sports in the off season.

Baseball on the other hand can pay the players many millions of dollars because we love it. It needs a salary cap like (real) football though.

rev: all the values i mentioned is in american dollars

his transaction was for five years pass, costing to Inter (italian club) more than 50 million dollars, plus his monthly paycheck of more than 6 million dollars.

Brazillian teams can´t keep up with those prices, that´s why all our excellent players are in other countries.

i´ll repeat myself, america can buy all brazillian players to play in the america league, thus, creating a helluva league, but america can´t use brazillian players in his national team. Only americans can play in the USA national team. that´s why USA won´t be a big soccer team in the near future.

[EDIT] mind you that at the time of the transaction, Ronaldo was recovering from a knee surgery :wink:

and i know, i know… money isn´t a problem for USA… i know that…

*Originally posted by Guig0 *
**Rev:

you can´t buy a brazillian, or any foreigner, to play on your national team.

ok… that’s not true… and I can give you MANY examples… did you know that the Japanese National Soccer Team has a brazilian dude?

Anyways… The U.S. is already becoming a force in soccer… I’m mexican, and this hurts like hell, cause we hate US soccer players. But anyways, it’s true. Look how far they got into the World Cup last year… And the US has been trying to build a soccer culture for about 10 years… there are lots of soccer programs for kids under 13… it’s amazing. Plus, the US is already #1 in Women’s Soccer.

Also, you forget how competitive the US is… in the olympics, the US ALWAYS has the most medals… the US spends more money on sports than the next top 10 spenders combined…

BUT, the most important thing is… in the US, sports are not political… which is the secret of the current success of the US soccer team.

anyways… I’m sleepy…

Lavaboy:

i know all what you said…

that brazillian dude playing in Japan is taking advantage of a flaw in the fifa´s law. since he never played for the brazillian team, and has become a japanese citizen he can play for japan. but he´s not very good… if he was, he´d be playing for brazil :wink:

I have already mentioned that US is forming a good soccer base:

In order to USA become a good soccer team, it will have to develop your entire sport culture, what has begun already, but it will take years… that isn´t something that happens over night.

If you guys keep the soccer industrie running, in the next 20 years USA may become a Soccer force.

and i have already stated that if USA puts a lot of effort in to soccer, USA will become a great soccer force. but i also said that it won´t happen in the near future.
and to say that it will become better than brazil… that´s just plain arrogance to me.

if Brazil plays against USA today, brazillian loss will be a normal result…

…but if Brazil plays 10 matches against USA, two losses would be shame for Brazil.

you know what… I dont think you need to develop a sport culture to have a good soccer team… here’s why. Argentina (yes, I know you hate argentina…) eliminated the US in the last world basketball championships… That’s like Mexico beating Brazil (oh, wait, we’ve done that). That’s like Canada beating Brazil… and argentina doesn’t have a basketball culture…

to beat one time it´s a normal result…

ok… i´m done.

over and out.

Cheers :bounce:

funny Guigo…

we were both arguing the same thing…

yes, nationally, Brazil is the best at Soccer. Today…

:beam:

Rev

Originally posted by reverendflash *
we were both arguing the same thing…
no no no! you are FIGHTING! and !
@& should be BANNED cause he started this thread with the intention of starting a fight! :stuck_out_tongue:

hmm… I wonder what happens when you get banned…