iMac G5

All iMacs have been in one case, thats why people generally like them.

AND all you have to do is bring it in and just have it fixed :smiley:

i’m not much of a mac fan (i hate the difficulty to upgrade the comp its self and i’m a gaming fanatic, and prefer not ahving to use emulators for games) but i like the look of these new especially ones the higher priced modles with all the extras.

oh the G6 will go all the way down! way down, like 1/4" at most on all sides ****… and only for the cost of 3 classy hookers…

…huh?

Um right - the G6 wont show up anywhere for a good ammount of years…

WOW i like that mac !!

GOOO MAC! (come on Ya3 scream it with me)

:pleased: :pleased: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
GOOOO MAC!!!

Pours cold water on both Beddoes and ya3 :slight_smile:

Bah! i am not a fan of mac’s at all! That imac is far to clunky, it just looks like a over sized TFT monitor, theres too much casing around the actual display! I used mac’s at college and i certainly didnt like them, they are just too awkward to use, and they are very over priced for what they are. My tutor bought the old iMac and he was showing it off…no one cared about it because it isnt nothing special, i see them as just very over priced PC’s and what mlk said about upgrading them is true, my cousin owns a iMac and it took him a long time to fix a problem that if you had a pc would take hours. bah, mac’s, why have a mac when you can have a PC

Gooooooooooo PC’s (Will someone scream with me? hehe)

yeah i agree, i am not a fan of imacs either…I really dont like them.
although, i LOVE my powermac! Its almost 6 years old and runs great!

reminds me of something *muskawo said on dA:
“Most of you are just sooky gamers who dont seem to realise there are people out there who like using their computers for important things, and not just running Doom Three.”

the creative industry is Mac. it always has been. it’s tradition.
for one reason or another, all the designers/printers/artists/smart ppl/etc
that i know all use a Mac - and that includes my physics/chem teacher.

funnily enough… my art teacher’s name is Mr. Macintosh, and the leading art school in my state is Applecross Senior High.
wierd.

btw, you can get doom three for Mac :stuck_out_tongue:

reminds me of something *muskawo said on dA:
“Most of you are just sooky gamers who dont seem to realise there are people out there who like using their computers for important things, and not just running Doom Three.”

the creative industry is Mac. it always has been. it’s tradition.
for one reason or another, all the designers/printers/artists/smart ppl/etc
that i know all use a Mac - and that includes my physics/chem teacher.

Ok let me start of by saying that i dont play Doom 3 on my PC, i dont even like DOOM! hehe, ok well you said the creative industry uses macs…why? whats the difference in them and pc’s, all they do is look different on the outside, they can both run programs such as photoshop, quark, 3ds max, etc etc except mac’s are alot deaer in price. Just because you own a mac doesnt mean you are more creative than someone with a PC, so why have a mac? I just finished my ND in graphics, and going onto study multimedia at university, at college we used macs and only about 2 out of the group liked macs, even though you say creative talent use mac’s im going to a unviersity doing multimedia yet we are just using PC’s. Explain that! it might be tradition, but that tradition sucks and should change.

EDIT : I would just like to add, i dont know if any of you saw this, but there was a program on Channel 5 (UK) about Macintosh and PC’s, overall pc’s won, did any of you see it? it was on last month i think

Ok - to everyone debating the merits of a mac or pc, this thread isn’t for that. Any off-topic posts, from now on, in this thread, will be deleted :evil:

awww kirupa your spoiling the fun :smiley:

Im a big Mac fan (I have 2 iPods and a PowerBook G4), but I dont really like the new G5, sure it looks nice, but I dont feel like I need to have it.

I’m waiting for the PowerBook G5 :slight_smile:

Can’t trust a PC wich I can open and Personally upgrade… Sorry… But that.s me… I need to be ably to open it up… take stuff out… put otherstuff in… ect. ect.

I take it you didn’t read that post?

OF COURSE IT DOESN’T!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s just been the preferred operating platform for the past one and a half decades. mainly because way back then, Macs really did dominate the creative industry for good reason; all graphics apps were made for Mac, they were faster, and were much easier for a computer-savvy designer to use. so as you know with most professional industries, they usually stick with long established ‘traditions’…

i always like to put it this way: you dont need to have a BMW, do you? but if you can afford it, it makes driving much more enjoyable and comfortable - and they’re better quality in terms of build. Now the owner of a Skyline GTR V-Spec (blown, dumped, 20" rims, 400W sub :P) could say something like; “What??? why spend $200,000 on a BMW when i my $40,000 Skyline can beat it any day in a drag-race??? BMWs are just pretty wastes of money and don’t make you drive better”.

I think you get my point :p:

(oh, just for the record, i dont own a Mac.)

It’s totally awesome… But, does anyone else think that the bottom of the moniter (that blank space with no LCD covering it) looks really ugly?

I upgraded a G3 system to a G4 system without buying a new motherboard. try that with a PC… I think the reason that people don’t like macs is because they don’t know much about them. But then again, did I do it? Nope, I had some other guy do it… But it was really cheap (installation was like $30), so it doesn’t matter.

Mike, i agree with the ugly part. The only downside of the whole system.