New WTC Plans - Freedom Tower - To Be Worlds Tallest Bulding

“The Freedom Tower”. How painfully American.

This building belongs in a computer game I swear. The idea of what to put in it’s place has never bothered me. My thoughts were always “Just build the **** towers again, except technologically up to date.” You could consider it like… a forceful renovation. You could also have outside of the buildings a small park type thing with a big stone in the middle with the victims names caved on it.

There are 2 things about September 11th that bother me above everything else:[list=“1”]
[*] People are making money off of this. Or so I have been told. I think that is just disgusting.

[*] That the US demanded pity. While they deserved some because of the lives lost and the manner in which it happened - the US are getting too much. It’s like it becomes so much worse, and tragic, and horrible as soon as it happens to an American Citizen. In the same week (a day or two before if my memory hasn’t failed me) there was a massive earthquake in india killing many more people then at the World Trade Centre. Guess what? It wasn’t mentioned on CNN or ABC once! Filthy bastards.[/list]

**** CNN, to hell with them - I have watched them so many times, and in comparison with the CBC or BBC (when I was in Scotland for 3 weeks) they have so much bias and opinion already injected into their reports. It’s almost as if they are the ones controlling the general public opinion. When I watch either CBC or CNN, the “american citizens” are generally the middle aged white “hippy” type. Bastards. I hate them too.

I could go on but my “You will get flamed for this” alert thing has been beating me up since I started writing this.

One last thing - if they are going to build this, for the love of god, change the name. I might vomit less.

i don’t think the american people would like the two towers rebuilt. i think it would be too painful, like, imagine if some1 in yoru family died and then you had to look at the building they died in every day or something. at least thats my opinion.

Build two again and call it Tiffany Towers :bad:

*Originally posted by Phil Jayhan *
**wow phester,

this thread has shown some pretty raw nerves phrom just about everyone…

I would much prefer something along the lines of “Krusty Towers”
A giant 1 mile high building in the silhouette of Krusty the Clown;
On his hair, on each side will be restaurants; Krusty would have wanted it that way…

pj :stuck_out_tongue: **

True. Its funny how sometimes the most simple thread can spin incredibly out of control. It was rough on Friday afternoon when I left (Partially because of me I admit) but I didnt check it until this morning.

(I disconnect from my PC over the weekends and party it up with my boys.)

Some interesting opinions for sure.

*Originally posted by Coppertop *
** When I watch either CBC or CNN, the “american citizens” are generally the middle aged white “hippy” type. Bastards. I hate them too.

To have such blind hate for people you don’t even know. I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Cheers!
-Niann