OMG This is the most amazing site I've ever seen

Ha Ha Ha… :stuck_out_tongue:

I think my current default page has been up for about a week, and I am already thinking of changing it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Got my book today… :o

friends of ed’s Action Script Reference (MX)… My brain already hurts, and I have only opened up the index… :*(

Jees I’m in a whiney mood…

I guess I had better cheer up… :rambo:

Rev:elderly:

I worked for months on my current site, it has been up for like 2 months, and I am already tired of it and want to change, but I am waiting til the new year to release my new version since I worked so hard on my current one.

:::sigh:::

OOOO, New AS Book, it is a FOE book, of course it will give you a headache, but it is some good stuff :slight_smile:

I have 2 projects I am just finishing up. then I have some time to get into MX…

I have been very lazy about getting into the new stuff… I hate coding… :evil:

but it is inevitable (sp?) :-\

hehe, you think YOU change stuff?

When I was learning basic html (by my self, at home, with no-one to complain to), i started out making one simple design… “Oh goody” I thought, and clapped my little fat hands.

Then I got the idea of wanting my own domain! :o … Oh no! Well, off looking for some good hosts, and bought my domain…

In the 2 weeks it took them to activate my site and all, I’d made about 6 different designs for my site! :stuck_out_tongue:

I kept changing it because i hated what i’d just finished… :stuck_out_tongue:

I just can’t decide… :frowning: Plus, I want a new design now, and I just can’t start working on it before i think up a good design i can maybe stick with for at least a month…

so… you guys go check out www.aulman.com , let me know what you think…

I did the portfolio years ago, but since it is Generator based, the content changes all the time…

anyway, if you want… :-\

That’s a great site to show clients your work. By the way how did you get the nike job if you don’t mind me asking?

They came to me… :stuck_out_tongue:

I had worked with the same design house on another project, and they needed someone who knew Flash, and could tear apart an .fla, then convert the site to standard HTML & JavaScript while trying to keep the experience the same as the Flash version…

Basically the same way with the Eidos (Fear Factor) site…

It’s all who you know:P

I guess I haveto get to know better people:P

I guess your location is probably better than mine also. I live in bum**** Saskatchewan where it is hard to find a good conection for anything. Mabye I’ll have to relocate:P

Well, SF is not what it used to be:P

It was fun during the bubble (both jobs were a couple years ago) lol

A lot of life is just being in the right place at the right time :ninja:

My suggestion is to enter every contest you can find… don’t worry if you think you are good enough. Eventually you will be, if you aren’t already. In the mean time the learning experience is incredible, and sometimes the right people see your work. :cool:

Right now I am at that stage where I get just enough clients to survive (granted I live in a very expensive town). But at least I am surviving… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in the slightly more awkward position of being in England. It always seems more difficult for English web developers / designers to get work for major companies.

Luckily I now do work for a big company. Well, big over here anyway. :slight_smile: But if I were to go freelance or whatever I’m not sure how long I’d last.

Hey Rev

You mentioned entering into contests. Do you mean award sites or is there web contests I don’t know about. Could you mabye suggest some good contests?

Sintax: Wuts up with the avitar? Kinda freaked me out…

What is scary about Iassic Washington. He’s a cool guy who always has the right advice (and a drink). Plus the women love him:) =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Any of the ‘old-timers’ (ezboard days) Remember Phils scetchy Pic of that really creepy guy? lol :crazy:

:beam: :beam: :beam:

What day does GTA:VC come out for where you live? It’s scheduled for the 29th here which gives me 13 days to go but I might be wrong. I just want to keep my counter on time.:slight_smile:

It’s not out till november 8th in denmark… :*(

*Originally posted by sintax321 *
**Hey Rev

You mentioned entering into contests. Do you mean award sites or is there web contests I don’t know about. Could you mabye suggest some good contests? **

I posted a couple a week or so ago, but I see them on different forums all the time. Also, Macromedia’s newsgroups sometimes will announce them as well… :stuck_out_tongue: Whenever I see one, I will post it…:goatee: I don’t think award sites do much but pad the ego… but that is just my opinion:cool:

When I was in design school, there were a ton by companies, but then again, the climate has changed… :*(

Yes eilsoe I feel your pain. I do feel real bad that you have to wait like 11 extra days to get GTA:VC. I think the only way for me to shake the guilt I feel will be to play GTA:VC on the 29 for like 10 hours in a row. I’ll be sure to discribe to you in full detail all the new fun and excitment the new game has to offer:) =) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding man. I do realy fell bad that you have to wait. I will be sure to keep my excitment down to a minimum untill the 11 when we can all talk about the game.=)

Hey Rev
My ego does need a good stroking so mabye I’ll start to submit to some awards sites.:stuck_out_tongue: I here they can also help increase traffic to you site. Thanks for the tip i’ll check out some of macromedis’s news groups and see what I can find.:slight_smile:

Sintax: It comes out the 29th as well, but I am picking it up the 29th so I am not really counting that day. :slight_smile: Makes it seem like its a day less, so I get it a day sooner. :):):):):slight_smile:

Eilsoe: I’ll play extra just for you! :):stuck_out_tongue: