Uuuhh... (?)

well David, i guess i can’t disagree with you much…i think maybe the egyptians could have some had some advanced technology which was lost through the ages…which reminds me of Atlantis…i love the story of Atlantis and i watch EVERY egyptian pyramid show on Discovery =) lol

the current excavations scare me a bit though…if they ever do find anything worthwile, i’m sure we wil never be told…of course thats just cynical me

hmm…

aliens exist and are running rampant through this world, how can you NOT see that? the anal probes i recieved are a testament to that…oh wait…nevermind…i did NOT, i repeat i did NOT recieve any anal probes!!! =)

If you like the atlantis myth, then I suggest very highly that you read two books. Both are by Hancock. Their names are “Fingerprints of the Gods” and “Underworld”. Both give some pretty resonable theories concerning that civilization and where it’s origins may lie.

ah yes, thats when all the elves, hobbits and all the other creatures must have dissappeared…i miss them :frowning: humans are so boring… :trout: ok maybe i need more REAL friends and less imaginary friends :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

i have GOT to stop making fun of myself…buts its so hard to stop :stuck_out_tongue:

myth ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mth)
n.

A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the worldview of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society: the myth of Eros and Psyche; a creation myth.
Such stories considered as a group: the realm of myth.
A popular belief or story that has become associated with a person, institution, or occurrence, especially one considered to illustrate a cultural ideal: a star whose fame turned her into a myth; the pioneer myth of suburbia.
A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology.
A fictitious story, person, or thing: “German artillery superiority on the Western Front was a myth” (Leon Wolff).

Since you cannot provide proof for the civilization sir… it is still a myth, at least as far as I’m concerned… and I believe in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

oh… and I have yet to see proof that it was a single flood and not a general trend world wide of smaller (though substancial) floods which led to the MYTH of “the flood”.

And for those of you who do not believe in a world wide flood… you better start reading newer material. The megalithic floods at the end of the last ice age are no myth at all, but verified fact.

no I’d find all the proof YOU need for a global flood. You have yet to explain where the water came from or went to accomodate such an occurance. The explination that God created it and destroyed it as needed is quite convienient, but useless in scientific debate since it requires the precursor of a theory which has yet to be proven. I am looking the “columns” right now. They represent proof of thousands of years worth of time, producing 3 very large floods in specific places on the globe and offer much proof that these occured at different times, ie, over a period of several thousand years. That is the proof I see. You’re insistance that what is proof for you should also be proof for me, is silly phil. I require what I believe to be much higher standards of proof than you do, imo.

This discussion is interesting =)

Dave: I remember seeing somewhere, that the workers of Imhotep (egyptian visir and architect, medical genius and whatnot) where actually paid for their work on the great pyramid of Zoser (sp?).
They weren’t just slaves or citizens doing whatever to please their pharao… But later pyramids were most likely built by slaves…

I think it was on Discovery… wait… of course it was… :stuck_out_tongue: