Visions on life

Am I the only one who suspects Purgatory is our current life on earth?

Second: My old math teacher from grade school had this fantasy, that humans was an experiment. That we were placed on earth by some other life form. (???)

1. Dunno.
  2. Ever read Philip Jose Farmer? Something called “The world of the River” or something like that? You’ll love it. Sci-fi like they don’t write it anymore :*(

I, at one time, subscribed to that plantation theory… :-\ there are many who still do :bandit:

There is a mojor religeon that believes that all spirits live on the same plane, just that some are “veiled” from view from us…
:q:

my feeling is that would make it awfully crowded if all of the spirits from all of time walked around at the same time… :stuck_out_tongue:

kinda makes me feel like I do when I get on a public bus in ChinaTown… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Rev:elderly:

Not to start a whole religeous descussion here…

but if God is supposed to be kind and all, why is he letting his very creation destroy itself?

Just consider the tensions, ONE nuclear war, and we’re gone…

If indeed we are made by another lifeform in the universe, they must have some sick humour…

don’t blame everything on god. if he does exist, he gave us free will. we are responsible for 90% of the crap that happens to us. (i’d say 100%, but there’s some stuff even I don’t want to own up to :evil: )

it all depends on which definition of God you are speaking of… :-\

The Old Testament was a vengeful God, the New Testament is a much kinder God… :-\

and that is only the Christian view :x

how can a religion just “change” their God?

hey, my name’s Christian too!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know, ask the Pope… :x

same reason it used to be ‘wrong’ for blacks to hold the priesthood in the LDS church… :-\ then all of the sudden, a few years back… revelation happens, and its’ now okay… :q:

I have spent many years trying to figure this one out… :beard:

that always got me too. for hundreds of years, it is considered a sin to do X. if you do X, you go to hell.

ok, so all those people who did X, are now burning in hell.

then pope such and such comes along and says, it is now ok to do X.

so, is that retroactive? did a whole bunch of burning souls get a reprieve and allowed into heaven? or do they still burn? if so, they must be pretty pissed to look up and see all these new kids doing X and going to heaven, while they burn.

just a bunch of rhetorical questions.

How to combine a religious talk and a class declaration in C++…?!? Dunno. The worst thing is that I’m starting to like C++ :cyclops: Sorry, that was off topic.

Hmm, here’s another one:

The human race is seriously screwed, if we are to obey the ten commandments PRECISELY!..

agree?

then like 99.9999999 percent of us will go straight to hell!

that is why I could not be a cop (one of my best friends is a cop, in my neighborhood <i>not ritzy</i>)…

If I arrest someone today for a crime that becomes not a crime while that person is in jail awaiting trial, doesn’t that make me a paid hypocrate? :q:

The US Gov’t experimented with LSD, then arrested the people who ran the tests once they determined that it was a “bad thing” :q:

more retorical statements… :cool:

Peace to all,

Rev
:elderly:

Oh that’s just plain stupid arresting those people!

nobody said cops/gov’t weren’t stupid… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

“give me a doughnut, that’ll make it better”

:pirate: :pirate:

haha! Yep! :stuck_out_tongue:

How’z the situation over there with Bush and everything?

with King George?

I’m trying to take him with a grain of salt right now… =) otherwise I might end up sounding like Phil :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

just kidding Phil - we need you out there watching and learning… =)

why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway???

just one more rhetorical question.

uuuuhhh…

I’m danish, therefore i refuse answering this question.

(mostly because i have no clue what a parkway is)

mmmm… I love danish… with fresh strawberry filling… mmmmmm… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

mmmmm…danish… =) <i>drools on keyboard</i>

Okey now im scared… :stuck_out_tongue:

A danish (in danish (!!!)) is called “Spandauer”…