Visions on life

mmmmmm…Spandauer… :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Rev:elderly:

Oh! An amost danish post! wohoo! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just me, tsavo and GrzKax who is actually danish on this forum…

as far as i know…

don’t make fun of the Danish, there have been many Great Danes throughout history. :stuck_out_tongue:

riddle me this batman. If God can DO and Make anything, Can he make a stone so heavy he wont be able to lift it?

Edwins theory of life:

1.Life started some 4 billions years ago when organic molecules binded themselves in a special way to make DAN(has been demonstrated in a lab that this happens).

2.after lots of changes (4 billon years worth), We got intelligent species, ie. Birds, Apes, Dolphins, etc.

3.One of the branches ape family became smart.

1. Humans rationlized Religion

2. Humans rationalized religion was not the best way to get things done so science came along.(this is a good thing…mostly)

6.Humans got carried away in some areas and are for the most part trying to fix things.

1. TO be continued.

my opinion is meaningless. everyone be happy and eat a cookie (hands everyone a cookie :slight_smile: )

Was that a joke too bit? :stuck_out_tongue:

vts: Here’s a line from Homer Simpson himself:

Could jesus toast a burrito so hot, that he himself could’t eat it?

Almost the same as you wrote :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by vts31 *
1.Life started some 4 billions years ago when organic molecules binded themselves in a special way to make DAN(has been demonstrated in a lab that this happens).

i gotta meet this DAN guy.

sorry, i can’t be serious today.

*Originally posted by bit-101 *
**don’t make fun of the Danish, there have been many Great Danes throughout history. :stuck_out_tongue: **

Like Marmaduke? LOL

Rev:elderly:

*Originally posted by vts31 *
**1.Life started some 4 billions years ago when organic molecules binded themselves in a special way to make DAN(has been demonstrated in a lab that this happens).
Yeah, are you talking about our own Dan? Cool! And it HAS NOT been demonstrated in a lab. Crozier or whatever his name was succeded a couple of times to “produce life” in a tube because he didn’t clean his stuff, and probably let an old piece of cheezy pizza inside it.

If you can believe that life was really “created” in a random way in a test tube simulation… well then I have some great stuff for you to check out on cold fussion… they did it - they swear, only when no one was looking and could never do it again. hmmmmmmm

Peace

u guys are reading old stuff. im too lazy for BBC scinence links :frowning: and DAN is a wonderful fella :slight_smile:

Wow this thread is all over the place. Are you guys trying to throw me off the track? Or perhaps yourselves. :wink:

Danish is good, so is Steven Wright. God is good, or bad, or indifferent, and it’s irrelivant in the end.

God can change in a religion when it was “meant for him to change”. ie when the old story aint working anymore, they make a new one that is more palitable to a modern man. (modern being relative). BUT, if god exists, from the creation to the end, then one can say that he never changed, only was acting in a manner which we did not understand because we are not privy to the big picture. Not likely, but certainly possible in infinity.

Experiments which have only been performed once while no one was looking: I’ve heard of that, but don’t know the first thing about it. Can you elaborate a little. The subject fascinates me.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that the leap in evolution from primate to homo sapiens was almost impossible. This would mean therefore that the human race was tampered with somehow by outside parties.

Darwin’s theory of evolution states that animals and plants will evole to suit their surroundings and gain an advantage. The main point in dispute is the difference between the brains of humans and primates. The human brain, even early ‘proto-humans’, is a far more complex thing. According to science, there would have had to be a reason for this increase in brain power, and no such big a factor existed for the need to evolve so much in that way…

I dunno, I can’t remember the intricacies of the article, but it did present a logical and well argued case.

We’ve all read all sorts of things, about all sorts of things. I believe that we don’t know what happened. This branch of science is very recent, something like 50 years or so, and it needs time to develop.

Anyway, there will always be someone to say something like that, don’t you think?

pom :cyclops:

And Kit, you say that Darwin’s law of evolution “states” something. It doesn’t state anything. It’s merely suppositions. It’s a model. Just like in physics. When Newton said:

OK, guys, I have a little something for you: I’ve just invented the FORCE (long before George Lucas as you can see), it’s a thing that does stuff to you, I’m not sure how, but it makes apple fall on my head when I sleep.
“Everything happens as if there was a force…” It’s a model. Darwin said the same
OK fellas, I’ve got a little something for you: I’ve just found out how man was created. Looks like we just evolved from monkeys or something, I’m not sure exactly how it works, but hey, here we are!
OK, I don’t know what my point is anymore.

Fair point. :slight_smile:

I’m not really sure what my stance is on the whole ‘life’ thing. I guess I’m not really too bothered about how we all got here, just that we are and we should make the most of it.

i’m beginning to notice a pattern of pseudo-scientific theories. you take something which seems fairly obvious, and use some kind of logic to prove that it is impossible for it to actually happen that way, then use that as proof of another, much less believable theory.

it’s impossible for man to have developed from monkeys, therefore some external intelligence (aliens, god) must have come in and done genetic manipulation.

it’s impossible for planes to cause a building to collapse, therefore there must have been a secret government plot.

it’s impossible for Santa Claus to go to every house in the world in one night, therefore parents must buy all those toys for their kids. yeah, right!

Don’t be so rational, Bit. Santa Clause does exist, everybody knows that.

that’s what i’m saying. but a lot of people would rather believe that there is this secret plot by parents who go out and spend hundreds of dollars, secretly buying toys for their kids, and deceiving them into thinking it’s santa. how absurd!

Indeed. Why would they spend the cash and NOT want the credits? This proves our point, Bit. Well, we have another one just like that in France, I was wondering if you Yankees know it too. When your start losing your teeth when you’re a kid, did your parent tell you that they were taken by a mouse which left money in exchange?

Curious :q: